JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A 48-year-old Jacksonville man is a whole lot richer this week after claiming a $1 million Mega Millions prize.
The Florida Lottery said Junior Francois matched all five of the white ball numbers but did not match the Mega Ball.
Francois purchased the winning Quick Pick ticket at a Winn-Dixie on Fort Caroline Road. The store will receive a $1,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
There have been a surprising amount of lottery winners from the Jacksonville area over the last several months. In September, at least seven people claimed top prizes.
More stories on other local lottery winners:
- Florida Lottery announces Jacksonville winner (yes, another one)
- Gold Rush Supreme Scratch-Off crowns two new millionaires in Florida, including one in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville man wins $1M just in time to buy new cars after both breakdown
- Jacksonville woman wins $1M lottery ticket, plans to return to work
- Jacksonville woman wins multi-million-dollar lottery ticket
- Winning lottery ticket sold at Jacksonville convenience store
- Jacksonville woman wins more than $939K from Florida Lottery game
ABOUT THE FLORIDA LOTTERY
The Florida Lottery is responsible for contributing more than $40 billion to enhance education and sending more than 880,000 students to college through the Bright Futures Scholarship Program. The Florida Lottery reinvests 99 percent of its revenue back into Florida’s economy through prize payouts, commissions to more than 13,000 Florida retailers and transfers to education. Since 1988, Florida Lottery games have paid more than $77.6 billion in prizes and more than 3,000 people millionaires. For more information, please visit www.flalottery.com.
©2021 Cox Media Group