WAPE Grand in the sand
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WAPE Grand in the Sand Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to (i) legal U.S. residents of the State of Florida; (ii) residing in Duval, Baker, Clay, St. John, or Yulee Counties; and (iii) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Jacksonville (“Sponsor”), CMG Media Corporation, Epic Records, In2une Inc., Florida State College at Jacksonville, Celsius Holdings Inc., Warner Music Group Corp., YMCA of Florida’s First Coast, Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC, Disney Destinations, LLC, Interscope Records, RCA Records, Atlantic Recording Corporation, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any sweepstakes or contest sponsored or administered by Sponsor. If you or a member of your household has won a prize from Sponsor within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period, Participating Locations. The Sweepstakes will begin on November 5, 2022 at 8:00 am. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and end on December 10, at 8:00 p.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Entry Methods and Entry Periods. The Sweepstakes consists of (i) weekday chances on-air to qualify as a Finalist; (ii) drawings from website and App entries to qualify as a Finalist; and (iii) on-site drawings at various remote events to qualify as a Finalist.
There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to be selected as a Finalist (each, a “Finalist”):
i. Cue to Call (weekdays, November 5–December 9, 2022)
Enter by listening to WAPE (the “Station”) each weekday from November 5 to December 9, 2022, before 12:00 p.m. EST for the cue to call (the “Cue”). When you hear the Cue, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 833-816-1029 (the “Sweepstakes Line”) to try to be the ninth caller. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the ninth person to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be designated a potential Grand Prize Event finalist (each, a “Finalist”).
The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects. Up to three (3) on-air Finalists will be selected each weekday, except for Thanksgiving Day, November 25, and December 6–9, 2022. The Cue to Call component of the Sweepstakes will not take place on Thanksgiving Day (November 24, 2022) or November 25th, so no Finalists will be selected those days. On November 23rd and December 6–9, 2022, Sponsor will select up to four (4) on-air Finalists. There will be a maximum total of sixty (60) Cue to Call Finalists selected.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received and the order in which telephone calls are answered.
Limit: You may enter the Cue to Call component of the Sweepstakes as often as you like but may only be selected as a Finalist once, regardless of method of entry.
Entry into the Cue-to-Call shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering the Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Sweepstakes Rules.
In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to a Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach a Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during call-in period of a Sweepstakes prior to accepting the correct caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If the correct caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified, and Sponsor will resume the call-in opportunity and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes cue to call to determine the correct caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
In the event a caller gets disconnected for any reason before being declared a winner, Sponsor may resume the call-in opportunity affected and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Florida driver’s license or Florida state-issued ID (or other proof of Florida residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
ii. Website/App (November 5, 2022—December 9, 2022)
Enter by one of the following methods:
Station Website: To enter through the website, visit the WAPE Grand in the Sand Sweepstakes official registration page under “Contests” at www.WAPE.com (the “Website”) and complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions.
Station App: To enter through the WAPE mobile app (the “App”), download and install the App on a compatible mobile device from either Google® Play or the iTunes® App Store.
Once you have installed the App, navigate to the Contests/Sweepstakes tab on the App’s main menu to register for the Sweepstakes. Follow the instructions on the registration page and complete all of the required information to submit an official entry form. All of the information you provide must be complete and accurate. Entrants who submit an invalid phone number or email address may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Standard data rates may apply.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will select up to twenty (20) Finalists from among all eligible Website/App entries.
iii. Entry at participating remote locations (various dates throughout Sweepstakes Period)
During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the Station website and social media pages, and listen to the Station broadcast for information on participating remote locations. To enter, visit the remote location and complete the required entry form with all required information. At the end of each remote event, Sponsor will select two (2) potential Finalists from among all eligible entries received. Up to twelve (12) Finalists will be selected via this method of entry.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address per remote location during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received.
iv. Day of the Grand Prize Event remote location
On December 10, 2022, the day-of the Grand Prize Event, visit the Station website and social media pages, and listen to the Station broadcast for information on the Grand Prize Event remote location. To enter, visit the Grand Prize Event location and complete the required entry form with all required information. At or around 3:00 p.m. EST, Sponsor will select three (3) Finalists from among all eligible entries received.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Limits on Entry: You may enter under any method of entry according to the limits on number of entries set forth above, but you may only be selected as a Finalist once.
Any winning contestant must be the same person who originally entered to participate in the Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. A contestant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Florida driver’s license or Florida state-issued ID (or other proof of Florida residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to closure/cancellation of a participating location or remote, transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
5. Grand Prize Event. On or about December 10, 2022, Sponsor will host an in-person event for up to ninety-five (95) Finalists to “dig” in the sand to find their prize (the “Event”). To participate, each Finalist must attend the Event and complete the registration form with all required information at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the Event will be disqualified and replacement Finalists may be selected by random drawing from among non-Finalists in attendance at the Event.
Each registered Finalist will select one of ninety-five spots in the sand grid to “dig” for their prize. Grid spots will be selected by Finalists in the order in which each Finalist was selected (i.e., the first verified Finalist selected during the Sweepstakes Period will select his or her grid spot first, etc.)
After all eligible registered Finalists have been assigned a spot, the Finalists will “dig” in their chosen grid spots to reveal their prize.
6. Prize Description. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each participant in the Grand Prize Event will have the chance to win one of the following prizes:
Approx. Retail Value of Each Prize Package
Odds of winning
Apple Watch Series 3
Gateway 15.6 in. Laptop
Apple TV (32 GB)
Vizio 50 in. TV
Diamond Halo Earrings
(2 pairs awarded)
Diamond Cluster Pendant
Coach Lori Purse
Kate Spade Pink Bag
MK Sig Edith White
MK Sig Edith Black
One (1)-year supply of Celsius
iRobot Roomba 675
KitchenAid Pro 5-Quart Mixer
Keurig K Mini
$100 Gas Gift Card
YMCA Family Membership
The Wax Strip Gift Card
Oyster Coop Gift Card
One (1)-year supply of KFC
2 tickets, Titans @ Jaguars
(8 pairs awarded)
BestBet Prize Pack
Disney Water Park 4-Pack
(10 sets awarded)
2 tickets, “STOMP”
2 tickets, “Pretty Woman” Musical
2 tickets, “Jesus Christ Superstar”
Pearl Necklace/Earrings Set
Diamond Heart Link Bracelet
OP Rage Room Gift Card
2 tickets, Ed Sheeran
(2 pairs awarded)
1/2 Ct. Diamond Studs
1 Ct. Diamond Necklace
Diamond & Sapphire Necklace
Total approximate retail value of all prizes: $30,911.
Gift cards subject to terms and conditions of gift card issuers.
Some restrictions may apply to certain prizes. Disney Water Parks tickets must be used before November 30, 2023. For ticket and accommodation prizes, all elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Minor guests, if any, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Credit card may be required upon hotel check-in.
In connection with any visit to the event venue, please be advised that event venue’s policies (including proof of vaccination or negative COVID test(s)), CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, you should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit. No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the event prize (the “Ticketed Event”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Ticketed Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future Ticketed Event. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the event tickets may govern if the Ticketed Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Ticketed Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor or prize provide.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. All Finalists will be contacted by the station’s Promotions Department no later than December 10, 2022 at the contact information provided on such entry materials.
The Grand Prize winners will be notified in person during the Grand Prize Event.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must provide their contact information (including an email address and phone number) and any requested for documentation by the station within a timely manner. Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within five (5) business days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable effort has been made (as solely determined by Sponsor), the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize and the selection of an alternate winner.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Publicity. Participants acknowledge that telephone calls placed to a Sweepstakes phone line operated by Sponsor may be recorded for use on-air any time. Except where prohibited, participation in a Sweepstakes constitutes each participant’s irrevocable consent to the publication of his or her name in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
9. Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including, but not limited to, in the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, public health crisis, governmental action, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CMG MEDIA CORPORATION, Epic Records, In2une Inc., Florida State College at Jacksonville, Celsius Holdings Inc., Warner Music Group Corp., YMCA of Florida’s First Coast, Jacksonville Jaguars, LLC, Disney Destinations, LLC, Interscope Records, RCA Records, Atlantic Recording Corporation, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing or production errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or employed in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Sponsor. WAPE Grand in the Sand Sweepstakes is sponsored by Cox Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Jacksonville. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after December 16, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WAPE Grand in the Sand Sweepstakes, 11700 Central Pkwy., Jacksonville, FL 32224. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please call 904-245-8500 for more information.
©2022 Cox Media Group